If you have a complaint, please write to Mr Graham Mead, our Client Care Partner at Blocks Solicitors, 2-6 Arcade St, Ipswich, Suffolk IP1 1EL.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and will also confirm the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our acknowledgement letter within 3 days of us receiving your complaint.
2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a file for your complaint within 24 hours of receiving it.
3. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will involve the following steps.
- The member of staff who acted for you or the head of their department will investigate your complaint within 14 days.
- We will examine their reply and the information in your files.
- Should we require further time to investigate your claim, we will write to let you know and provide you with a date when we expect to respond. For example, if a staff member is away on holiday.
- A letter addressing your concerns will then be sent to you within
21 days of our having received your complaint.
4. We may invite you to meet Mr Mead, if necessary, to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We will write to you suggesting this within 21 days of our having received your complaint.
5. Within 7 days after the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed reply to your complaint within 7 days of you letting us know.
6. If, having received our response, you are still not satisfied, you can write to us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- Mr Mead, our Client Care Partner, will review his decisions within 14 days.
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it. They will do this within 14 days.
- We will ask our local Law Society or another local firm of solicitors to review your complaint within 7 days. We will let you know how long this process will take.
- We will invite you to agree to independent mediation. We will let you know how long this process will take.
7. We will let you know the result of any review process within 7 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If we have to change any of the timescales above we will let you know and explain why.
We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. You must make a complaint to us in the first instance to enable us to investigate your complaint in accordance with this policy.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your complaint, or we have not dealt with your complaint within 8 weeks of your raising it with us you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at : Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. For further information visit www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Legal Ombudsman may not be able to deal with a complaint about a bill if you have applied to Court for assessment of it.